Friday, June 11, 2010

I got a job !!!

Yes I am no longer unemployed - thank god. Although its funny how it came about.

Last week I responded to an ad through an agency and got called in for an interview. Apart from attacking my resume and telling me my work history wasnt stable, she said she wasnt putting me forward as she had better candidates! I wanted to slap her and ask her why she bothered calling me in.

Anyway, the agency I have always used rang me on Tuesday and told me they had a job come in and it sounded exactly like last weeks job. I asked her if it was and she asked if she could put me forward for it and I of course said yes.

I went to the interview yesterday arvo and I had only driven 5 minutes down the road towards home when the agency rang me and told me they wanted me - they just had to get it all signed off this morning for a formal offer.

Well that came at 9.55am. I start next Thursday and I get paid a heap more than my last job. Finally a job where I get paid what a degree qualified person is worth!! The hours are better (start early finish early) and it is on my side of town where no parking costs involved and no retail so Ill have to take my lunch, which is a great saving!!

Im still shocked that even in this climate, the first job I went for I got!!!!! I expected to be out of work for months.

Life does throw you good surprises sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment