Thursday, September 30, 2010

A few milestones this week

Its been a very very very busy week at work. Haven't had time to scratch myself. Out of four of us, there are only two of us at the moment. The big test will be tomorrow doing month end.

So whats happened this week you ask?! Well, Sue and Rob are officially Queenslanders - although it didn't look like it was going to happen! Sue was booked on a Virgin flight on Sunday with Tallulah (the white dog) to fly to Brissy. But as we all know, Virgin's computers crashed and after 5 hours of hanging around the airport with a dog in tow, her flight was cancelled. So after some very teary goodbyes with the neighbours, she was back home again. Of course, getting through to Virgin the next day to rebook was a no go. So after much deliberation, it was decided that Tallulah would go with Rob and Ryan in the car and Sue flew out on Monday arvo with Jetstar from Avalon (they don't take pets). So after a delay on that flight and a delay landing in Brisbane she was finally there late Monday night.

As for Tuesday the removalists were at the house with Rob and Ryan to pack the trucks. In Ryan's words it was "F**kin' mayhem!" But luckily by 4pm everything was packed, the back of the trucks locked and off the trucks went. After a last clean of the property Rob and RYan headed to a local motel to depart the next morning (they were very naughty and snuck the three dogs into the motel room hehe)

So after a late departure at 5.15am on Wednesday morning Rob, Ryan, Tallulah, Ruby and Collie all hit the open road in the Subaru and trailer to head north. After a nights stop last night in Coonabarabran, they arrived at Sarah's house in Brisbane this arvo at 3pm. I'm sure they are glad they are there now.

I fly to Brissy tomorrow arvo - assuming Virgin's computers dont crash again! - for the weekend to celebrate Sue's birthday on Saturday.

So what are we going to do when we are down there? Well, Lincraft is calling my name, and its time for girly time so Sue, Sarah and I are heading out for a pedicure! Then and I both fly home Sunday night.

Mum is having an operation tomorrow on her shoulder - hope it all goes ok for her.

Another milestone this week is that on Tuesday I have been living in Cairns for 4 veeerrryyy long years. And for those who predicted I would only last 6 months, I thumb my nose at you hahahahaha. So 4 years down and 2 to go.

Kimmy is off at aunty Darlene's house this weekend, she didnt even look back at me when I dropped her off this morning. Little bugger :-P

As for scrapping, havent done much this week. Made a couple of cards but cant show you these until next week. Thats about it. Oh, and the cover for the LA album.

Well, I'm off to finish packing and need to get an early night - 7am start tomorrow.


The little princess makes herself comfortable.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Miss Andrea....wishing you a gorgeous relaxing weekend, and hope you find some yummy goodies in Lincraft sweetie.Happy travels xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great break Andrea! I know that you secretly love living in Cairns & may never leave ;P. Love that pic of Kimmy!

    ReplyDelete