Thursday, May 3, 2012

5 busy days in Brisbane

Talk about a busy few days.  We all went down to Brisbane on Sunday to have lunch at the Breakfast Creek Hotel with Darlene and family, Cameron and his friends/landlords, and the Carruthers/Day clan.  Was a yummy lunch and then we dropped Ryan off at the airport for him to fly back to Cairns.  I went back to Chris and Sarah's to stay til Thursday.

Monday Darlene and I took some time out to do some retail therapy at Chermside.  It was sooo good to look at different shops, and we even squeezed in a pedicure!  So well needed!

Tuesday was our big meeting with the franchise lawyers in Brisbane CBD.  It was awesome being back in the corporate world, even for just a short time.  It was a perfect morning too looking out at the Brisbane River.  After the meeting I took Darlene to lunch at my friend Jason's restaurant Seven Stones in Enoggera.

Tuesday night I babysat my nephew so Chris and Sarah could go out for an evening on their own.

Wednesday I drove down to Logan to spend some time with Cameron and then that night, Darlene and I went to see Annie: The Musical at QPAC at Southbank.  Thank you Darlene, you are too generous! It was a great show, and it was awesome being in the city.  Been a long time since I'd been in a city at night.

Today, Sarah and I did some bub shopping then it was time to head back to the Sunny Coast.  After doing nearly 350km in the rocket around Brisbane, I could only fit $29.50 petrol into the tank on arrival in Sippy Downs.  I am very impressed.  The rocket didn't miss a beat on city streets, on hills, or on freeways.

No comments:

Post a Comment