Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Bad news day

Before we went to Fiji, we went to see and obstetrician to make sure that everything would be ok if we wanted to start trying for kids.

It seemed like half my blood was taken to check for all sorts of things. One problem was red-flagged when we were in Fiji. We got a call on a country road telling us I had to have a rubella injection as soon as possible and that we couldnt try for up to 6 weeks after the injection. Based on this info, we figured this was to be the only problem. This was not the case.

We got the results back today. Not good. Due to my age, there is only a 3% chance of us having kids normally (as per the AMH test), so off we go to a fertility specialist next week.

Ugh. Just what I need on top of deciding whether to go back to work or not. I think this will factor into the decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment